|Howdy, strangers! I know I’ve been more MIA than Where’s Waldo, but I had a hectic past couple of months. Having finals after a jam-packed semester made me only want to crawl home and enjoy my family, free food and the beach, of course.But I’m back! And with a post I’ve been wanting to share for a while now. I’ve lived in an apartment for almost 4 years now, and I’ve always struggled with how to make it feel more “homey”.
Thankfully, my mom, who’s an interior designer, gave me a bunch of tips and DIY’s to make my room feel like I’m just at home.
I thought I’d share with you a few (inexpensive!) ideas on how to make your apartment cozy, just in time for the new year!
- String some lights: These will brighten up your room without feeling glaring
- Put up picture frames: It’s an easy way to make your apartment feel more “permanent” and adult without shelling out big bucks (check out Target and HomeGoods for some great options!)
- Invest in cozy blankets: I swear by my Barefoot Dreams blanket. It’s the softest thing ever and you will never sleep without it. Guarantee.
- Hang artwork: Etsy and Pinterest have hundreds of free artwork printables online. Bonus points if you hang them with washi tape!
- Throw some pillows: Throw pillows are a perfect touch to any bed or couch!
- Don’t forget scents: An easy way to make a room more homey is using candles or wax melters. If you’re missing home, try using a scent that reminds you home.
- Add some green: Try potting some plants or succulents to sprinkle some green in your room!
Do any of you live in an apartment? How do you make your place feel more like home, especially with all those white walls?? Share some tips with me below in the comments!